On Thursday, February the 8th at 19:00 the exhibition of the Greek section of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA - Hellas) titled Theorimata will be inaugurated for the first time at the National Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens (EMST).
The promotion and support of the current Greek artistic production through scientific, theoretical and artistic research is the foundation of this new project of AICA - Hellas, aiming at a biennial repetition. Scholars of art history, critics, curators and artists come into dialogue and collaborate around a theme emerging from contemporary concerns. The inauguration of this exhibition series at EMST signals the importance of joint creativity and collaboration between theorists and artists.
Specifically, for Theorimata 2018, curators, art theorists and critics, members of the Greek section of the association, proposed up to three artists around the theme of Deductive and Axiomatic Systems in the belief that an artistic creation is the product of an analytical process and not just an expression of current dominant models.
The curators and artists who participate are the following:
1. Anna Lascari, Maro Michalakakos, Αemilia Papaphilippou proposed by Sozita Goudouna
2. Costas Varotsos, Constantin Xenakis, Nina Papaconstantinou proposed by Charis Kanellopoulou
3. Dimitris Tragkas proposed by Lena Kokkini
4. Nikos Papadopoulos proposed by Tassos Koutsouris
5. Niki Gulema proposed by Christopher Marinos
6. Thanasis Pallas, Panagiotis Tanimanidis, Tassos Triantafyllou proposed by Emmanuel Mavrommatis
7. Yannis Ziogas, Nikos Tranos, Ersi Hatziargyrou proposed by Bia Papadopoulou
8. Costis, Yiorgos Tsakiris proposed by Miltiadis Papanikoloaou
9. Angelos Antonopoulos, Bill Balaskas, Giorgos Papadatos proposed by Artemis Potamianou
10. Eugenia Apostolou, George Hadjimichalis proposed by Constantinos Proimos
11. Aris Prodromidis proposed by Stamatis Schizakis
12. Ianthi Aggelioglou, Eirini Grigoriadou, Maria Louizou proposed by Athena Schina
13. Dimitrios Antonitsis, Nikos Podias, Artemis Potamianou proposed by Faye Tzanetoulakou
14. Giorgos Divaris, Valli Nomidou, Angelos Skourtis proposed by Lina Tsikouta
15. Kelly Mendrinou proposed by Miltos Frangopoulos
16. Paky Vlassopoulou, Chrysanthi Koumianaki, Kosmas Nikolaou proposed by Klea Charitou
17. Babis Venetopoulos, Apostolos Loufopoulos, Konstantinos Tiligadis proposed by Anna Hatziyiannaki
18. Vangelis Gokas, Giorgos Gyparakis, Nikos Kanarelis proposed by Kostas Christopoulos
Artists honorarily proposed by the organizational committee are Dimitris Alithinos, Theodoros, sculptor, Marios Spiliopoulos, George Ηarvalias
Concept and coordination: Emmanuel Mavrommatis, President of AICA - Ηellas and Emeritus professor of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Organisational committee: The Members of the Board of AICA - Hellas Stamatis Schizakis, Artemis Potamianou, Faye Tzanetoulakou and Sozita Goudouna and the Members of the association Bia Papadopoulou and Lina Tsikouta.